Curriculum and Instruction-----Christabel's blog post
Fist question centers around who Iamππππ i just like to be cool...with saying Iam who God says I am alright here she goes...
Christabel is a curriculum theorist, researcher, and advocate. She has written and published in several academic journals and magazines both locally and internationally amongst other. She is an expert in teaching the course curriculum and Teacher Education. She is a passionate educator with a strong desire to help everyone especially school learners recognize the connection between learning and experience. A lecturer, a curriculum theorist and expert with an in-depth understanding of curriculum development, implementation, and research. Christabel is Passionate about Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) she has been actively championing girl child Education in Nigeria which includes empowering, promoting and advocating for equity, gender equality, inclusion ad diversity. She has been speaking in several platforms mentoring younger girls in gender capacity development, (my ardor is to see the girl child lead) in program and activities organized by voluntary bodies, associations and that which is held annually by Forum for African Woman in Education and Women (FAWE) Women in Colleges of Education (WICE) National Association of University Women ( NAUW-GWI Graduate Women International) which she is an active member and several other International organizations and professionals membership that supports and empowers the girl child.

she has worked in non-educational establishment; however, her teaching experience cuts across all levels of Education in Nigeria. she is an adjunct lecturer in Corona College of Education, (Corona Trust Council Schools Lagos, Nigeria) and is currently, a time lecturer in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Federal College of Education (Technical) Akoka, Lagos and yes, currently a graduate student fellow. Supper excited to be a BOILERMAKERππ.
Now its getting more interesting so let me talk about my personal history briefly and how it led me to my interest in academia:π§π§
There
are a number of events throughout my childhood, and growing up into adulthood,
that made me acutely aware of the imbalances, hardships and imbalances that
plagued my community, and then I knew teaching was the career for me. I am
aware of the role teachers play in all facets of life endeavors. I have always
had a passion for teaching, which started after high school formally. But I
believe my early interest stemmed from my family's background. My mother and
grandmother and other aunties I recognized as an extended family member, for
example, worked as educators. Nevertheless, I think my career/professional goal
is more emotionally imbued reason, but come of it, and so detaching myself from
the emotional aspects, Iam certain that my goals are driven by my own life,
professional, and career experiences. I am now prepared to become more than
just a professional in the field of Education, in fact, a professor in the curriculum.
I have this understanding that Teaching involves molding young minds, changing lives, influencing societal norms and structures, raising awareness, and instilling values, and a sense of responsibility in the next generation. By so doing, I would have the opportunity to address societal challenges and a few I could, in the classroom πππ. As a passion, I take part in community voluntary education of special target groups which includes (women with special needs, girl-child, and drop-outs,) where I sensitize them on global issues and other emergent concepts, going about these duties, I realized there are so many misconceptions about females. Teaching and reaching out to these groups gave me an avenue of deconstructing certain oblivious assumptions about women’s identity in Africa which has hindered their access to greater career heights.
what do i have to say about my experience with teaching and learning? π©πππππ
My experience in the teaching field began before my formal entry into
Teacher training for my Association degree. Nonetheless I have been interacting
with school children over 20 years, prior to formal teaching certification and
work and my teaching experience cuts across all levels of education, both at the
nursery, primary, secondary school and currently as a lecturer in a college of
Education, in Lagos Nigeria as a curriculum teacher.
I
have dedicated my career to shaping educational practices and fostering student
growth. My extensive background in curriculum development and pedagogy has
equipped me with a deep understanding of effective teaching strategies and
educational frameworks. Seeking to expand my impact on the global stage, I am
now pursuing international education opportunities for a PhD in curriculum
studies in the United States. My goal is the professorship side of the profession,
gain further expertise in curriculum theorizing and in DEI and then further
explore innovative educational methodologies and contribute to advancing
educational practices worldwide.
I may be forced to say that YES....my experience with research is onboarding,πππ however, My little research experiences cuts across writing in various areas especially around generating quantitative data in my area of interest around Teacher education curriculum and transformation Vocational Technical Education Curriculum, professional development, gender and equity, policies in education, female access, SDGs(Education for sustainable development) with a bit of skills in Manuscript review
more tales.πππ




Comments
Post a Comment